The first field test was at the company Hefter at Prien, Chiemsee. Hereby the application case (commissioning) was tested and evaluated.
The tasks of the mobile robot system were the following:
• Navigation of the mobile robot in the central warehouse and entering it by a defined gear with reduced width
• Measuring the manipulator using a camera system at a shelf position
• Handling bulk material boxes
• Navigation to a working station and delivering bulk material boxes
• Picking up bulk material boxes at the working station and transportation to the warehouse store
Because of the position accuracy of the mobile robot system, we implemented a camera system at the gripper of the manipulator, which scans a reference mark at the position in the warehouse or the working station. By that the misalignment of manipulator and platform could be balanced.